Saturday, August 8, 2009

If It's Not A Hat...

...it shouldn't be on their head. Always pay attention to what may appear to be coming out of your subject's head. Most often it is a telephone pole, tree, or sign coming out of the top of their head. In this case, it looks like some weird finger like growth is coming out of Caden's head. Obviously he's too cute so I kept the picture and you just have to ignore that part:)

I'd search for more examples amongst our millions of pcitures but I think you know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise. I just discovered this other blog of yours and I love it! First of all, I am so impressed with your ability to keep up so well with three blogs - especially since Talk Nerdy to Me is so detailed with almost daily posts. Impressed. I just perused this blog in its entirety and I have already learned a lot. Andrey and I are extreme novices but are putting small amounts of effort over time to improve on our photography skills. I just learned about the rule of thirds recently from a random TV show I stumbled upon one day. Little things like that can really make a difference! I like how your tips are short and succinct and you display example photos. Really helpful and novice-friendly. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could post a picture on the comment page!
    Mark took a nice picture of me up on a mountain in Banff, there is two fingers coming out of my neck! (from the person standing beside me, but you can't see the person, just their two fingers) Rrrr!

    ReplyDelete