Thursday, August 18, 2011

Take The Time

One thing I have learned over the years is to take the time to look over your subject and scenery before shooting. I'm still not super great at this because I get in a groove, but here are some things to look for so that you don't have to do a bunch of photoshopping afterwards!

1. Gum-don't chew it!

2. Girls hair stuck to their lipstick due to the wind (I just spent time today editing this, that's why it's on my mind).
(It's not hard to fix but when you have 10 pictures like this, it would've been way faster for me to notice and fix her hair).

3. Collars that aren't out properly, ties that aren't straight.
(Half of our session had her collar tucked in and I didn't notice! I actually went back to re-shoot it rather than try to edit it at all.)

4. Bra straps showing

5. Garbage in the way or graffiti in the background (some graffiti is okay but make sure it's appropriate!!).

6. Necklace clasps showing

7. Two people next to each other with bold patterns.

8. Elastics on wrists. I am so guilty of this, I always have one on my wrist:)

This is just a quick list. Anything else you can think of?



2 comments:

  1. The one thing I find I miss the most is items in the pocket (especially men): wallets, cell phones, keys, chapstick.
    great reminders!

    ReplyDelete